Effective September 24, 2017
Information we may collect and how we may use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you use a Doorport Inc.’s products, we may ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit in connection with information from other Doorport Inc. products or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our Products. For certain Products, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you access Doorport Inc. Services via an application or other client our servers may automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your request, your interaction with a Service, application type, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your application or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Doorport Inc., we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data – Doorport Inc. may offer directly or through third parties location-enabled services. If you use those services, Doorport Inc. may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Unique application number – Certain services may include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to Doorport Inc. when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the application).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Doorport Inc. or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use. Doorport Inc. processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
Doorport Inc. only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Doorport Inc. in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Doorport Inc., its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Doorport Inc. employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.